Wednesday 12 June 2013

Soft Ball Tutorial

Gustav is 7 months old - my little engel !!!! Yesterday he discovered how fun it is to play with rolling things and since I did not have anything suitable to him I thought about sewing a soft ball. Here it is:




I followed the beautiful tutorial of Purl Bee with some changes.

The two closing circles are made of felt instead of fabric, why applying a circle of fabric and folding the edges is difficult and normally doesn't work fine. With felt I did not have the problem of turning the edges.

I filled the ball with rice and polyfill in order to give consistency and softness. WARNING: I put the rice in a double plastic bag to avoid any contact with liquids!


The rice core causes the ball to roll in an irregular, funny way.

Let's see if my Gustino likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment